Monday, October 19, 2009

Wild Again

It seems like the highlight of my fall. Finally watching Where the Wild Things Are. All the memories of Calvin and Hobbes rushed back to me. The inner child came out to play. I just wish the monsters in this movie weren't so sad. It was a little too depressing for me at times. It's ok that my world contains monsters that are happy and play all day. My world is an escape from the complexities of life and the responsibilities of being an adult.

My brother went with me and his girl and we pranced around the Lloyd mall all in furry fuzzy hats. It was magic seeing the faces of children light up. People stopped and asked us about the hats and I passed out my business card. I was proud to say these were not store bought but that I made them myself.

I'm creating magic and monsters. It's thrilling in a way. I am making a ton of wolf hats that are going out this week to many individuals and some kids. I hope these hats make them as happy as they make me when I wear mine. I can't believe the happiness one feels when wearing them. It's delight watching the shadows and the silhouettes of my companions. I couldn't help but laugh as I sat in the back and stared at the back of their furry heads and pointy ears.

Wild again.. after three years of confusion, suffocation and then rebirth. New creativity shimmers through my body and my mind is more focused than it ever has been before. I create every day. I plan out my own life. I play every day and bit by bit the wild side of me has emerged again. I hope the world can handle it!

I feel I have found way of creating magic for myself. I love Jim Henson studios and all the muppets, puppets and creatures. I would love to work in costume design, set design, illustration. I want to work for people that have this child within them too.

I get a tiny taste of the thrill of magic and creating a smile on a child's face.. just by being silly.



Somethin filled up
my heart with nothin,
someone told me not to cry.

But now that Im older,
my hearts colder,
and I can see that its a lie.

Children wake up,
hold your mistake up,
before they turn the summer into dust.

If the children dont grow up,
our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.
Were just a million little gods causin rain storms turnin every good thing to rust.

I guess well just have to adjust.

With my lighnin bolts a glowin
I can see where I am goin to be
when the reaper he reaches and touches my hand.

With my lighnin bolts a glowin
I can see where I am goin
With my lighnin bolts a glowin
I can see where I am go-goin

You better look out below!

No comments: